Personally, for me timed demos depend upon the time.

the old draconis 15 day demos that gave you say about %10 of the game to play i thought were more than reasonable, since you had plenty of time to play the game over a number of days, replay the shorter segments, decide if the games would appeal over a long period etc.

However, the 24 hour demos from vipgameszone I thought were less so since yes indeed, any unexpected circumstance could mess them up, also, you rarely got chance to try the gamesseveral times.

So as with everything else it strikes me as a question of balance.

Beware the grue!