Another thing that I see all the time is this: A new game comes out at 10 this morning. By eleven, gamers are asking the list for help through something they have stumbled into. Even if I know the answer, I will not tell them yet. Part of the challenge of a game is to work on it on! your! own!!, and figure it out. If you bought a jigsaw puzzle with lettered and numbered pieces, and it came with instructions that tell you to fit A1 to A2, and below A2 you should fit B2, and so on until the puzzle is finished, what good would that be? Yet that is exactly what some blind gamers want, and I just flat don't understand this.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] replayability and Usa games was Re: Looking For Something New to Play

Hi Dark,

You aren't the only one who is frustrated. None more so than me since
the last few months I've fallen into a kind of funk. One where time
has no meaning as such. What I mean by that I might work heavily on
the game on February 12, and then discover the next time I work on the
game it is March 23.  It doesn't seem to me like it has been that
long, but it is so easy to loose track of time that days and weeks go
by between updates. So much time that the game has been dragging out
from months to years.

Of course, the principle problem is lack of motivation. I'm no longer
driven to work every available minute of every day on it so I get to
it when I get to it. What makes matters worse I have not been at my
best health wise anyway . Just this week my son caught a nasty cold
and now has given it to me. When I have a sore throat, headache, and
am coughing I'm not exactly in a mood to sit down and program for
hours on end. Add in some cold medicine that makes me tired and the
best thing I can do is sleep rather than work. It seems this year I
have caught every cold and flu bug coming and going and I've just not
felt much like working on games.

I'm hoping that somehow I will be able to get back up to my usual
productivity, finish these games, get them out, and won't have them
hanging over my head. I'm just as eager to see them completed as most
people on the list. :D

All that aside I know what you mean by wishing to revisit the
atmosphere of the game. Shades of Doom doesn't have a very complex
storyline as games goes, but it does not need one. The lab is
challenging enough with all the various monsters that keeps me coming
back over and over again. On the higher difficulty levels there is no
certainty that I will even complete a game without being killed off
which means I am able to pit myself against the game and sometimes I
win sometimes I lose. It is this degree of replay value I hope to
incorporate into my own games.