hmm I am not as up with the play as I should be.
It depends on the types of games that would work.
python works with macs pcs both windows and linux.
I know there is the mono dotnet opensource framework and thats supposed to work with everything with the same features as the windows dotnet client has. Now I have used in the past pascal and there is probably a client for all platforms. Standard c or c in general should work, linux is basically c anyway, so no big issue loads of compilers for all platforms. So a lot of stuff probably works visual basic probably won't work outside windows. Most stuff should work with windows from 98 up to server 2012, mac is slightly more tricky as is linux but I think a lot of stuff can be sourced for each os.
We do have an issue with anything over that.
I know we do have windows rt should we use it though no access supports = no use I'd imagine for now anyway.
Mac I am not sure but there should be no issue as is linux.
The iphone with restrictions may work though a lot seem to be jail breaking their units.
Android is probably the option for least resistance.
Its google and opensource probably has its apis somewhere  online.
the ios stuff if you make it by the rules needs  licences by apple.
and if you hack it well I don't know, I have been wanting an ios device for all the games with the reviews, but after all the hastle with all the restrictions I am not sure if I should just get one of the nexus devices. If there are sighted devs there is always xna I am not sure what we would need to run on xbox but assumedly its supposed to run on xbox 360s potentually. The rest soni etc nes whatever I am not sure about access but we already have a large extent of reach and choice on platform.
ok not steam but we probably don't need that.
there is also blackburry but hardly anyone uses that anyway.