Yemi,

 please open a bugzilla entry, assign to me and attach your patch (diff
-u format).

 The functionality sounds interesting to consider. I assume you are
willing to provide the documantation for it :-)

 Another thing I always wanted is a way to fix up the host name in
"gmond" reporting. I have one installation with machines having NICs in
a high-availability setup. They actually change their DNS names when a
switch occurs, screwing the statistics royally.

Cheers
Martin