BTW, I'm also messing with the RRD parameters because I'd rather have larger files with no data point averaging in order to preserve granularity and accuracy.

-------
Yemi

On Dec 15, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Bernard Li wrote:

Hi Yemi:

Although not exactly related, I assume you know about this:

http://www.cuddletech.com/code/toasterview/

I will be interested in trying out your patch. We use NetApp filers as our main NFS servers and once in a blue moon we would have huge cluster
jobs that spike the NFS servers - at that point it'd be nice to have
Ganglia poll some information out of them to find out what's going on...

Thanks,

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Adeyemi Adesanya
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:24
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-developers] Host spoofing for SNMP

Hi Martin.

I will put in some testing time before submitting code along with
documentation. This is of great importance to me because I need to
monitor Network Appliance (NetApp) boxes.

It is also worth considering security implications. Once the
recipient gmond has processed the spoof message, it is
indistinguishable from any other gmetric message. The Web frontend
has no clue!

------
Yemi