Hi Matt,

--- Matt Massie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i just added brad to the list of developers with write access to our
> subversion repository.  welcome to the team, brad!

 let me join you to welcome Brad to the crowd. His work looks exciting
and needs to go in.

> i've created a branch called "monitor-core-3.0-beta" for 3.0.x
> development from what is currently in trunk.  we might not need quite
> as rigorous a process as apache but i think we need to start using
> branches for development.

 That is definitely true. Lets not overdo it, but some kind of
structuring of the repository is needed.

>  all 3.0.x code development should be out
> of ./tags/monitor-core-3.0-beta instead of trunk.  just as before,
> with each new release we'll create a branch called
> monitor-core-3.0.n.

 makes sense to me. 3.0.X is in a kind of maintenance mode in my
opinion, so putting developement of cool stuff into trunk is OK.

> we should keep the trunk open for more creative and radical play.  i
> recommend that brad put his updates into the trunk for members to
> start testing.  the sooner we do this the better because it
> will help us decide where to put the new code once it's fleshed out
> (monitor-core-3.0-beta 3.1-beta or elsewhere).

 see above.

> does that seems reasonable martin et al?  i don't want to hold up
> brad's new code and now our current 3.0 branch is safely isolated.
> since we don't have a formal voting mechanism, i suggest that if we
> don't hear objections by wednesday of this week.. the trunk is open
> for brad to drop in his enhancements.  i really hope though that
> others chime in on their thoughts on this.

 No objections from me. Brad should go ahead as he sees fit.

Martin