>>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> I'm trying to build RPMs for Ganglia trunk and I got the following errors:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check- files
> /tmp/ganglia- 3.0.5.200704042059- buildroot
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/libmodexample.a
>    /usr/lib/libmodexample.la
>    /usr/lib/libmodexample.so
>    /usr/lib/libmodexample.so.0
>    /usr/lib/libmodexample.so.0.0.0
>
> I guess Ganglia should now include these files?  Which RPM should they
> be part of?  ganglia- devel?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bernard

Actually the .a and .la files don't need to be delivered at all.  They should
be marked in the make file as not part of the distribution.  The .so.0.0.0 file
 is the loadable module that produces a metric (the others are symlinks).  All
of the .so* files should be listed in the %files gmond section of the spec
file.  Using the new 'module'  configuration directives, the .so is loaded and
registered by gmond at startup time.  libmodexample.so is just the example
module to show how the modular metrics works.  The source for this module can
be used as a template for creating other loadable metrics modules.

Brad