Have a little proposal about the versioning.

Right now trunk is 3.1.0, and when snapshots are created, it appends
date to it specifying it is a snapshot.

The issue is, if I am to release test RPMs, and later wanted to
upgrade to the release version, this won't work because 3.1.0.XXXXX >
3.1.0.

I would like to propose that prior to release, the version is always
smaller than the released version, so perhaps we should make the
version in trunk 3.0.9, and when release comes around, we change it to
3.1.0, tag, then release.

I think quite a few other open source projects use a similar approach
-- what do you all think?

Thanks,