Hi Jarod:

On 10/11/07, Jarod Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, epoch's are fugly. Don't use 'em.
>
> The way to apply the Fedora conventions would be more like this:
>
> For a 3.1.0 pre-release snapshot:
>
> Version: 3.1.0, Release: 0.1.200710101608
>
> For a 3.1.0 rc:
>
> Version: 3.1.0, Release: 0.2.rc1
>
> For the 3.1.0 release:
>
> Version: 3.1.0, Release: 1
>

> 3.1.0-1 > 3.1.0-0.2.rc1 > 3.1.0-0.1.200710101608
>

> (I've long been meaning to contribute back some of the changes I made
> for the ganglia spec used in Fedora, but have been sidetracked by a
> half-billion other things...)

I am fine with this convention, but the issue is right now, the date
is appended if snapshot is enabled in the configure.in file.  If you
have patches that would make things work for both the tarball
generation and the RPM spec file, I would be happy to review them.

Thanks,

Bernard

P.S. Your input is welcome on the other thread regarding the spec file
-- IMHO the less you need to patch the upstream (our) spec file, the
better ;-)