Hi Matthias:

On 11/6/07, Matthias Blankenhaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would love to do that, except that with the latest Ganglia release
> version I believe I cannot yet do it.  Thus, I'll have to wait until
> 3.1.0 is out.  Until then, I still need a solution.

Correct -- the DSO/Python stuff is going in 3.1.0.

Do you already have code which implements what you want, or are you
still in the process of implementing it?

I guess so far discussions surrounding 3.1.0, we haven't really came
up with a time for release.  If we are months away, perhaps it makes
sense to release another minor update to 3.0.x which can include some
slight modifications.

Bottom line is, are you willing to spend time in developing something
that is likely going to be less significant (in favour of the new
DSO/Python stuff) -- or would you rather wait?

BTW, there is nothing wrong with running the code in trunk -- in fact
I believe it should be fairly stable.  After I check in my changes to
the spec file, I do not see why we cannot start releasing snapshot
tarballs for folks to try the new DSO/Python modules support.

Cheers,