On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 06:52:30AM +0200, Ulf wrote:

> I' ve build ganglia 3.1.0.1399 with: ./configure --enable-static
> --disable-python --with-libapr=/opt/freeware/bin/apr-1-config

--enable-static is redundant as it will tell configure to create static
libraries (they are done by default anyway)

 --enable-static-build is what you need, which will tell configure to link all
modules statically into gmond so it has no problem importing them and loading
them dynamically.

> # gmond -m
> Cannot locate internal module structure 'core_metrics' in file : The system
> call does not exist on this system. (core_metrics)
> Possibly an incorrect module language designation [].

core_metrics is an object that is compiled inside gmond itself and should be
always available regardless of how you compiled ganglia or if the other modules
are available or not.

> There seems to be an error with the modules

it is actually in the way gmond is linked, and the fact that in order to work
gmond is searching into its own executable image for the symbols that define
all metrics.

those symbols had to be made public at link time, but that is not done by
default in AIX (as it is done in linux).

Carlo