Marcelo Arenas Belon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:37:23AM -0700, Bernard Li wrote:
>>
>> So all the remaining backport proposals will be moved from "BACKPORT
>> PROPOSALS" to "BACKPORT PROPOSALS NEXT VERSION" except for
>> documentation patches.
>
> 2 of them still needing votes, and most likely some other ones still
> not proposed for backport or committed and dealing with the issues that
> we had been saying will be "put in documentation" like the one proposed
> below,
> the upgrading instructions or building/packaging recommendations for CentOS
> 4
> users (including dependencies that are not available in the official
> repositories).
>
>> As for...
>>
>> * gmond: avoid latency and timeouts when using the tcpconn python module
>>
>> If this causes issues, we could just turn it off by default and put in
>> documentation about its potential pitfalls on certain platforms.
>
> It is definitely unstable and not likely to be fixed before the freeze, so
> IMHO would be better deleted (not turned off by default) as there is no way
> to do that reliably in a clean way AFAIK.

Disabling it is just a matter of a file name change from tcpconn.py to
tcpconn.pyoff or something like that.  The same thing would have to be done for
the tcpconn.pyconf file as well (tcpconn.pyoff).  I would suggest we just make
the file name change and still distribute it for those that want to use it
anyway.  It still works reliably, it just has a wait timeout issue that is
really only noticeable when using the -m parameter.

Brad