Nicholes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I will take care of the announcement email when I get into the office today.
>  The email that you sent out for the unofficial testing tarball looks good.
> I will base it off of that.  For the additional documentation, I will start a
> Release Notes page on the wiki and try to get some of these things
> documented.  If everybody else could jump in at that point and update the
> wiki, I think we can get that taken care of.

I have just sent an announcement to all three ganglia mailing lists.  I got a
bounce message from the announce list, if somebody with email list rights could
take care of that.  Also, I have started a new page on the wiki site for
current release notes
(http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net/ganglia_release_notes).  This should be
the place where we can document known issues, add platform build tips or
anything else that we feel would be valuable information.  Please help update
this site so that we can make the testing of Ganglia 3.1 go as smoothly as
possible.  I didn't set a time limit on the testing period.  Bernard had
mentioned one week with a follow up of another testing tarball.  I would
suggest two weeks with an additional testing tarballs if required.  It doesn't
really matter to me, I am just happy that we are moving this release forward.

thanks everybody,

Brad