I disagree with the assessment that there was very little energy in the
stadium. I thought there was a LOT of energy in the stadium at the beginning
of the game. Yes, some of the electricity was lost during that long
scoreless stretch, but the crowd got very loud during many crucial defensive
stands. Relatively few people left until after the final field goal.

Miami was very effective in bottling up our speedsters. I hope that's not
the start of a trend.

A few other random observations unrelated to the game itself:
Even though it was a night game, it was really hot and humid.
We saw some great volleyball over at the O'Dome before the game. When we got
there, the Gators were down 2 games to none. They won the next three games
straight against a very good Long Beach State team. We are lucky indeed to
have Mary Wise!
A late game made for a great tailgating atmosphere. Lots of fun partying
going on everywhere you looked.
The band has spiffy new uniforms, which looked even better compared to the
Miami band uniforms, which had not been tailored to fit the people wearing
them. Many Miami band members had their jacket sleeves hanging down past
their fingers. A weird look.
This year they are doing lots more with video clips on the scoreboard. It's
great except they have the loudspeakers turned up way too loud.

Helen

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us