You need to go back on the radio with this.

Randy

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Stephen Manuel
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:02 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] GatorNews From The Gainesville SUN
For 11/30 at 7:00AM, Courtesy of Shane Ford

I am usually not that critical of coaches, but I'm putting all the problems
this year on Urban Meyer.  He's the one who hired the coaches, he assigns
them to their areas of coaching, he made the final decision on who got
scholarship offers, etc..

I was listening to Pat Dooley on Jacksonville radio this morning and he said
he had never seen Gator Nation turn on a  coach faster than Urban Meyer,
I'll admit I'm in that category. I'm mad at myself because Urban Meyer's
record indicates he's a great coach, but for some reason he rubs me  the
wrong way.

I've been telling my friends all season that you can't believe a single word
that comes out of Gainesville anymore.

Here are some things that have really bothered me.

First is the injury situation.

Matt Patchan was supposed to be a 2-week injury that turned into season
ending.

Jeff Demps is getting better but never was close to being the same.

Just be honest with the injury report, you don't have to violate anyone's
privacy, just say Matt Patchan has had a set back and will be out
indefinitely.

At the start of fall practice fans were barred from practice, the stated
reason was to keep the scumbag agents away from the players, this is a total
lie, you can do that without barring true fans and agents are not hanging
out at practice, they are getting players at their apartments or in social
situations not after practice.

Urban Meyer has pretty much ditched his call in show, he sends assistants to
do it. He's basically quit the booster club circuit.

Urban Meyer makes over 4 million per year,  the job requirements for the
head coach  at UF are more than recruiting and drawing up football plays,

What I'm saying is, Urban Meyer is a great coach, but he's cut himself off
from the fans and will look them in the eye and tell complete lies that
everyone knows is a lie, but does it anyway.This works when you are
competing for championships but when look like a unorganized high school
team the goodwill is a lot less.

If he's not 100% committed to turning things around he needs to go, we will
know this fairly quickly.

Stephen Manuel