On Sep 24, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
The SC knows of the issue

Still, after six months it would be nice to have a clearer idea of what will happen with respect to Darwin/ObjC, especially since the previous statement (which I suppose was "as clear as" Mike could do) was buried
under an unrelated thread.

Paolo

Do we know if Apple still intends to update the ObjC in FSF gcc to v2.0?
               Jack

We don't have any short-term plans to do so. However, all the code for ObjC 2.0 and even the new C Blocks feature is available in the llvm-gcc repository. One potential issue is that while Apple has a blanket copyright assignment with the FSF, I don't know whether code in the llvm-gcc repo is auto-assigned to the FSF.

-Chris