NightStrike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> There is a simple technique which anybody is free to use to make this
>> happen much faster: make a large donation to the SFLC and/or the FSF,
>> contingent on this issue being finished.  In the absence of that, it
>> will happen in the time that people have available to work on it.
>
> How large is large?

More than you want to pay personally.  Think: enough to hire another
staff member to work on it.

To be clear, I'm not saying it won't get done.  It will get done.  But
it is in effect like any other volunteer job.  Our position with
regard to the people who need to do the work is like a gcc user's
position with regard to us.

Ian