On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Manuel López-Ibáñez
<lopeziba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 June 2010 22:05, Quentin Neill <quentin.neill....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a python script which crawls, caches, and parses the gcc-cvs
>> (and binutils-cvs) email archive pages.  I wrote it to help another
>> script that correlates patch revisions in a branch (where the
>> Changelog refers to revisions on the trunk) back to the useful
>> Changelog entries in the trunk.
>>
>> I could submit that to contrib, it could be modified to scrape most of
>> the information above into a single monthly report.
>>
>> Any interest?
>
> I don't think such a script would be better than
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/gcc/list/
>
> What we would need is some way to detect that patches have been
> committed. Otherwise that list will grow uncontrollably very fast.
> Cheers,
> Manuel.

I guess what I was thinking was the script would crawl the patch
postings and then the patch submissions and then print a correlation
report.

Once the correlation is working well enough, the outstanding patch
postings would be the only thing in the list.

Does the patchwork client that interacts with
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/gcc/list/ do any correlation?
--
Quentin Neill