On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:

> I think it is a good idea now (except perhaps for the very few source files
> which could still be compiled by a plain C, not C++, compiler; maybe we
> don't have anymore them...).

gcov-io.c is C code used for both host and target (one of the remaining
bits of target library source not moved out of the gcc/ directory because
of the complications of the dual way it's used), but it's used for the
host (and built as C++ when so used) via #include in other .c files rather
than being built directly.

Various Ada runtime library files are also .c under gcc/ada - in general,
I'm not sure which .c files there are used as C, C++ or both, and which
are used for host, target or both; that would require careful
investigation for any renaming.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com