On 07/30/2013 08:27 AM, Marek Polacek wrote:
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 07:13:22AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Marek Polacek <pola...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:08:26PM +0200, Martin Jambor wrote:
I do not care very much but I disagree.  Having some files with .c
suffix and some with .cc suffix would imply some sort of difference
where there is going to be none.
Yeah -- this sort of discrepancy I don't like either.  In gcc/, we
have 362 .c files and 0 .cc files, so every new .cc file will step out
of line...  That might be pain for people who are used to do
'grep foo gcc/*.c' and suchlike.
Any issues with doing a mass rename then?
I'd suggest waiting for a mass rename until the next stage 1... (or stage 0.9 :-) I will want to mass rename a lot of the files (ie, a lot of tree-* will lose the tree- prefix), and I think we'll be moving directory structures around as well... and some include files will be split up... etc. etc. Seems like a logical time to change extensions too.

My point is, why go through the pain of changing a bunch of files now when we are probably going to do it again within a year.

Andrew