Hi,

On Fri, Mar 26 2021, Nathan Sidwell wrote:

> Dear members of the GCC Steering Committee (SC),  I ask you to remove Richard
> Stallman (RMS) from the SC, or, should you chose not to do so, make a clear
> statement as to why he remains.

I wholeheartedly agree with Nathan.

In a few weeks I will have to ask selected GSoC students to sign away
their copyright to FSF and it will be very hard for me to make that
request - and doubly so if any of the students is female.  It is true
that RMS has not directly interacted with us for a long time and so
removing him from the committee may amount only to a gesture, but it
would be a powerful and very helpful gesture in this regard.  And IMHO
not just in this regard.

Thank you,

Martin