Setting aside whether or not RMS should be associated with the GCC project for a bit, I'm particularly concerned about the tone of some of the messages on this thread.  People can and will have differences, and that is fine.  But the discussion needs to stay civil.

To those who have crossed the line (no, I'm not going to call them out by name) -- please tone things done.  We have a long history here of not banning individuals from posting and I don't want to see this discussion escalate to the point where we're forced to take what I would consider drastic measures.

To those on the receiving end, I'm terribly sorry that some people can't disagree in a civil manner and I hope their behavior does not discourage you from continuing to contribute to GCC.

Jeff