On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Dan McMahill wrote:

steve tell wrote:
I had similar difficulties:
With older versions of the gd png+jpeg library, there is no gdlib-config at all.

ok, I'll see about falling back to AC_CHECK_LIB() for libgd if gdlib-config does not exist. I don't suppose your older installation gives guidance as to how one should link with gdlib?

The doc installed as /usr/share/doc/gd-2.0.21/index.html suggests:

"To use gd in your program,
include the file gd.h, and link with the gd library and the other required
libraries; the syntax for most Unix flavors is:
-lgd -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lfreetype -lm"

I've added a check to cvs that shuts off the png HID (the thing which uses gdlib) if --disable-gif && --disable-png && --disable-jpeg are all used.

Great, I'll try to co and test as soon as I hear that anoncvs at sourceforge is back in working order, or that there's another snapshot.

Steve