Robin Cook wrote:
What method are you using to detect gif support in gd?  I have 2.0.33 of
gd installed and has gd2togif, gdcmpgif, giftogd2 installed and I don't
see any way in the gd configure script to enable or disable gif support.
But pcb is saying gd doesn't have gif support in it.  Gif support in
from 2.0.28 and up.

Robin Cook

checking if GIF output from the png HID is desired... yes
checking for gdImageGif... yes
checking if JPEG output from the png HID is desired... yes
checking for gdImageJpeg... yes
checking if PNG output from the png HID is desired... yes
checking for gdImagePng... yes

I'm looking for gdImageGif in libgd.

I've built pcb against gd-2.0.23 and it worked fine by giving pcb the --disable-gif flag (since the installed gd didn't have gdImageGif).

You can take a look in the config.log file, search for "gdImageGif" and then around there it should tell you what failed. You can also post your config.log and I'll take a look.

Hope this answers the question.

-Dan