What method are you using to detect gif support in gd?  I have 2.0.33 of
gd installed and has gd2togif, gdcmpgif, giftogd2 installed and I don't
see any way in the gd configure script to enable or disable gif support.
But pcb is saying gd doesn't have gif support in it.  Gif support in
from 2.0.28 and up.

Robin Cook