Tore Ericsson a écrit :
> Hi anyone who knows better about Geeqie!

Hi,
> As an old Gqview user I am now adopting Geeqie, a really handsome lightweight
> image viewer/editor, 'editor' in the sense that various image modification
> functions may be tied to it for simplified everyday image administration!
>
> I am glad to see that it is probably continued. If you do not have translator
> already I should have some time to help with the Swedish translation.

It would be great to have an update of the Swedish translation, it is
far from complete
(sv.po: 534 translated messages, 399 fuzzy translations, 316
untranslated messages).
> Some questions, however. In Gqview, when a script was programmed for
> application on selected images, the image file names were fed into the script
> (via the right-click menu) as a multi-file argument string, that is the file
> names, each separated by a space (if clicked in the thumbnail list with
> selection).
>
> Now applying the desktop-file convention for Geeqie, I have succeded to
> define
> custom commands almost as in Gqview, but the script will be executed once for
> each image file and not once with the file array argument like was the case
> with Gqview.
>
> Question 1: Is there a way to have scripts called in Geeqie in the same way
> as
> in Gqview? The usefullness is really lessened if this is not possible; e.g.
> trimming hundreds of pictures etc., which else has to be programmed outside
> the viewer with problems to indentify and select the right files, for
> example.
>
> Question 2: I did add some notes in my .desktop file. Do the agree with what
> is currently correct? See below.
>
> The first question refers mostly, I think, to the %f argument or what could
> possibly be used instead. And here is an excerpt from my .desktop file:

> # Call the helper script executable:
> # If the executable is missing, this desktop entry will be checked 'Hidden'
> # in the Geeqie 'Edit > Preferences > Configure Editors' dialog table.
> # You cannot uncheck it but it will not be checked if
> #  1. the executable does exist
> #  2. there is a Mime type match
> #  3. an argument like %f is present
> #  4. the category is X-Geeqie
> TryExec=myscript
> Exec=myscript %f

Have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/geeqie/wiki/GuideEditorsConfig

Everything that was possible with GQView should still be possible with
Geeqie (and even more).

--
Zas