Från Laurent Monin <z...@norz.org> 2010-12-28 20.18.01:
> Klaus Ethgen a écrit :
> > Go to the directory geeqie_zas/po and issue git 'checkout -b swedish
> > origin/master' to create your own tracking branch for the main trunk. As
Note 'git checkout -b swedish origin/master'
> > there is no Swedish translation until now you have to start with 'cp
> > geeqie.pot se.po' and edit the header of se.po to fulfil the Swedish
> > language. (CHARSET in Content-Type is the most important. one.)
>
> In fact, there is a swedish translation named po/sv.po:
>
> # Swedish translations for gqview package
> # Svenska �vers�ttningar f�r paketet gqview.
> # Copyright (C) 2003 John Ellis
> # This file is distributed under the same license as the gqview package.
> # Hans �fverbeck <hans.ofverb...@home.se>, 2003-2005.
> #
> msgid ""
> msgstr ""
> "Project-Id-Version: gqview 1.5.7\n"
> "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
> "POT-Creation-Date: 2008-05-13 22:14+0200\n"
> "PO-Revision-Date: 2005-02-01 23:26+0100\n"
> "Last-Translator: Hans Ofverbeck <hans.ofverb...@home.se>\n"
> "Language-Team: Swedish <s...@li.org>\n"
> "Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"
>
> It is very incomplete though.
>
> I don't know what should be the "correct" name (sv.po versus se.po), but
> if se.po is more correct
> then we should change it.

Well if I remember right, 'se' should be correct; isn't se_sv and se_fi used
to distinguish the Swedish language practised in Sweden and in Finland,
respectively, when that is important? Anyhow, we don't need such refinements
here!

> BTW, nice guide Klaus, perhaps worth to add it to the wiki on github.
>
> --
> Zas

Found no .pot file, generated geeqie.pot with 'intltool-update -p', OK? Is it
useful?

If a change to 'se' is preferred:
        The sv.po may perhaps be reused by making a copy 'se.po' (or using
'Save
as ...' in Poedit?) and adding 'se' into LINGUAS? Next, edit the 'se.po'
according to 'geeqie.pot' - and into the right charset (I would prefer UTF-8
as a universal and my standard).
        How/when do we remove the 'sv' version, according to any git-rules? -
Maybe simply delete etc.?

Tore