On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Korey Sewell <ksew...@umich.edu> wrote:

> A hint for this is that the InOrderCPU was passing the nextPC to the branch
> predictor instead of the PC, so there is a ras statement there that you'll
> need to be aware of to update.

That seems odd... I assume you're suggesting that Tim switch the
InOrderCPU to pass the PC instead, right?

> Also, the BTB accesses use the asid instead of the tid (to accomodate
> multithreading) so please dont remove that.

I'm confused... are you trying to let threads that run in the same
address space all share the same BTB entries?  That might actually be
a good idea, but I don't know that any real CPUs work that way.  (Not
that I have intimate knowledge, I'd just be surprised... the ASID
generally has a lot more bits than the TID, esp. in x86 where the ASID
is really just the page table base pointer.)

Steve