I hope that 22 will be an answer. I think I would be more comfortable with that
answer if Hadoop Core were not so obviously internally conflicted and
sclerotic. Potential HBase/Hadoop adopters have confidence in 20 seeing the
production deployments of it. 21 was to all indications I have seen a dud.
There is no reasonable basis as of yet to presume 22 will be "kick ass".

I, at least, was hoping that promoting 0.20-append from its de-facto status to
something official could be a fig leaf for HBase while Hadoop Core gets its
house in order.

Best regards,

    - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
  - Piet Hein (via Tom White)