On 7/29/03 1:01 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey, I'm the Incubator! 1-to-1 mapping! ;-P

I'm afraid this is actually true, even if it is not technically the case.  I
take this as evidence of its failure for which it was actually doomed.  I
applaud your efforts though. .   I think you're a good person to suggest a
better system.

>> After spending considerable time off-list with Cliff preparing his
>> proposal, I'm getting a bit weary with all this rules stuff
>
> ASF is incorporated. We have certain rules to abide to, like licensing
> et all. And also internal rules, that you know quite well, about voting,
> and about infrastructure policies.

And see, I don't think you're the person who should be responsible for them
Nicola Ken.  I think the XML PMC/Steven should.  If they don't have time or
are unable to, then the project should not be under their oversight because
it will be their continuing responsibility.  Just because you seal the ship
with turpentine doesn't mean it won't sink later if you never do it again.

> Which rules make you so tired? I just blocked the creation of some
> resources for less than a week, and you are already tired? It takes
> years to build good communities, and patience is a virtue. I don't
> honestly think that some days will ruin it all.
>
> Suggestion: why don't we get to know the XMLBeans guys better? What
> about if each of them sends us a mail with a brief bio and expectations?

That is an excellent idea.

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi