On 7/29/03 2:11 PM, "Ted Leung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/29/2003 10:33 AM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> On 7/29/03 1:01 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> That is an excellent idea.
>>

> Why are you blaming the XMLBeans guys for your not having your act
> together?  It's all well and good for them to introduce themselves, but
> that's not what is holding us up right now.  Right now, we're held up
> because we don't  have a public mailing list where we can see whether
> their behavior matches their talk.  They can say all they want about how
> they want to work as a community and allow non BEA developers and so
> forth, but we need to see them doing that.  I thought that was the point
> of incubation.

Ted,

Perhaps you didn't mean to reply to me, rather Nicola Ken.

You do realize that I'm neither a member of the Incubator PMC nor do I
support its existence.  Create the mail list.  The name shouldn't be up to
the Incubator, it should be up to the XML PMC.  Its you're baby, you're
birthing it.  Right now you're forced to do it here.

You're a member, call for its dissolution.  Unfortunately, there is still a
contingent of people that like the idea (regardless of its unsuccessful
implementation) so I doubt you'll get consensus to dissolve it.  More than
likely you'll be chided on how you should JOIN the Incubator PMC...

> I think it would be great for the XMLBeans team to introduce
> themselves.  Maybe you'd rather that [EMAIL PROTECTED] took up
> the slack for [EMAIL PROTECTED]   That's fine with me too.

Thatıs what I said.  It would be good for them to introduce themselves to
the Apache community at large.  This is as good a place as any.

-Andy

> Ted

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi