On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 13:26, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > The Incubator is a morass and big hinderance to getting anything done.
>
> Is there a fee for this troll?

See it as you like, the Incubator doesn't work, plain and simple.

> The Incubator re-organization around the PPMC concept provides direct
> oversight between the Incubator PMC, the project's developers, and (in this
> case), the DB PMC.  There is no reason for any undue hinderance, unless
> someone wants to make an issue out of the process.  We could spend more time
> feeding your troll than dealing with any issues before the project would
> leave the Incubator.

Of course there is no reason for undue hinderance, when is there ever?
It just happens here. Apache just isn't going to survive if the
Incubator is the model for operation. Give it a couple years and without
a doubt the formation of the incubator will be seen as the mark of the
beginning of the collapse of Apache. You guys are going to have more
processes than the ISO for Pete's sake. Doesn't anyone else see this?

The network of trust between members and the common sense of members is
all we need. All this insane and ever grow pile of processes is going to
kill the spirit of Apache.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl