Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

Do we have to vote on that as a proposal, or can we move forward with it to test it to see if Jason's is right about endless process?

I suggest we try it.

Who would fill in the status page?

Anyone. Why do you think that *all* incubating project committers have access to the incubator CVS? :-)

There is also already a status page template:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/site/projects/incubation-status-template.cwiki?view=markup

            - verba volant, scripta manent -