Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> > My concern isn't the difficulty of copying files from one directory to
> > another.  It is pointing an exisiting user, developer and google-bot
> > community from http://axion.tigris.org, then to
> > http://incubator.apache.org/axion, then to http://db.apache.org/axion,
> > all in a matter of weeks.  What does all this disruption buy for us?

> I am also worried about the point raised by Rodney.

There should be no need to "point" people at anything.  Asking around, I am
told that the problem with tigris is simply that their system does not
support adding redirects.  That is not the case here.  So, unfortunately in
the case of axion, you do have to tell them to come to Apache, but we can
handle it transparently once here.

Personally, I do not have a problem if you chose to publish
db.apache.org/axion. as the normative URL for people.  Then in
/www/db.apache.org/.htaccess, added:

  Redirect Permanent /axion http://incubator.apache.org/axion

People visiting the normal location would be automatically relocated to the
URL within the Incubator (thus satisfying the request that we make the
projects's status clear) for the duration of Incubation, however long or
short a period.

When the project promoted, you would remove it, and we'd add:

  Redirect Permanent /axion http://db.apache.org/axion

for anyone who had bookmarked the incubation site.  Thus we would continue
to provide transparency and automation.

        --- Noel