On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 17:36 -0400, Jim Hurley wrote:
> I'm not going to try and pull a Bill Clinton with "it depends what the
> definition of "is" is".... but I'd answer that I believe the Jini
> Community
> views the project as *the* Jini implementation.
>
> But *the* as in:  "the main", "the original", "the most prominent",
> (what will be)
>   "the Community's implementation", and "the one you'd recommend a
> developer
> go grab to get going with Jini". But not *the* as in "the only".

If the resulting code is in org.jini.* then I have no problem with this.

However, the current structure appears to be org.jini.* for APIs and
com.sun.something.* for implementation. Clearly that structure says
there can be multiple implementations - and in that case I'm against
putting the two parts together.

Sanjiva.