On Jan 31, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

and only the PPMC member votes are binding.

The error is the use of PPMC. It should say that only PMC member votes
are binding.

But somehow I like the fact that in most cases the vote is much wider - and I think that this helps foster a community responsiblity.

Perhaps we need to do something like having the whole community vote and then taking this as their proposal to the PMC which then votes as to wether to pass this community advice on.

This has the interesting benefit that if the community votes 'no' -- the PMC cannot make it a yes.

Dw.