On 31.01.2008, at 13:26, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

On Jan 31, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

and only the PPMC member votes are binding.

The error is the use of PPMC. It should say that only PMC member votes
are binding.

But somehow I like the fact that in most cases the vote is much wider - and I think that this helps foster a community responsiblity.

Absolutely.

Perhaps we need to do something like having the whole community vote and then taking this as their proposal to the PMC which then votes as to wether to pass this community advice on.

Yes, we're already doing that it's just very confusing to a lot of people :)

I like your term "communiy advice" - the PPMC gauges interest by holding a vote where only the votes of the PPMC members are *counting* ("binding") and then forwards this as a community advice to the IPMC which holds another vote to sign it off (where only the votes of the IPMC members are counting/binding).

Later, as soon as the Podling has graduated, the second step goes away and the former PPMC can now directly vote and sign-off by itself...

Cheers,
Erik