Dims: Exactly.

The svn devs have been talking off/on what to do about contrib/ for
nearly a year. Various options: simply toss it and wait for people to
cry and do something to fix it; somehow get it all relicensed (one of
the contributors already said "no"); etc etc.

Current consensus seems to be that we'll simply not package the
contrib/ section into our 1.7 release.

Cheers,
-g