----- Original Message ----

I haven't seen that discussion, but unless you actually poll gene...@incubator
for an opinion, running the idea by a few of the more vocal participants
or "key" people here won't get you an accurate gauge of anything.  I have
found most people at Apache to be moderate in their views and willing to
compromise when given a good reason to.  That's part of our success as
an organization.

What I'm looking to see personally is the execution of votes and signature
exchange happening on an apache list.  That way the IPMC members can ensure
discussion is appropriate on both the private and public mailing lists
and the process is sound.  I don't give a rat's ass how it is branded, and
assuming the code grant from the Subversion corporation is comprehensive
expect to vote +1 for graduation without an apache-branded release happening
prior to graduation.  People will be more than willing to do a license
review on a non-apache branded release.