Ian Boston schrieb:

not least because committed mistakes demand fixing by the committer and then anyone who can fix the bug. The only downside is that occasionally trunk wont build/run and if trunk is close to production that probably matters.

I think another downside is, that (maybe depending on the community) in reality a proper review often doesn't happen in the case of CTR and in the case of performance/scalability this can be very bad, because the actual problems are often detected at a very late stage and then it can be very hard to solve these issues, because the code has already advanced too far.

I see the postive sides of CTR re community and progress, but I think it requires some additional rules, guidelines
in order to make it work.

Cheers

Michael

Shindig is mostly RTC, and was very close to big production.
Sling is mostly CTR

Ian

Cheers,
-g