On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:32, Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> I agree with this, and as a Cassandra committer I have in the past
> protested our use of RTC. However, the current work-flow *in practice*
> is more about having someone, anyone, give changes a once over (making
> sure they build, that tests pass, that they do what they claim, etc),
> before committing.
>
> I agree with you, but tabled my protest because in practice what we have
> is working, doesn't seem to be a barrier to contribution, and everyone
> seems happy with it (even the casual contributors).

I wouldn't say "everyone". This whole thread started because at least
one person is not happy with it.

> I actually work with
> these people on a daily basis, and I trust that when/if it actually does
> become a problem, that people will be open to changing it.

This actually scares me a bit. That a discussion of methodology is
happening among a few people at work, rather than among everybody on
the mailing list.

>> My opinion is that it is very unfortunate that Cassandra feels that it
>> cannot trust its developers with a CTR model, and pushes RTC as its
>> methodology. The group-mind smashes down the creativity of the
>> individual, excited, free-thinking contributor.
>
> Cassandra is in incubation, so by all means, use the IPMC group-mind to
> smash the individual, excited, and free-thinking Cassandra contributors
> into submission.

My opinion was asked, and I answered. Please don't ascribe more to it than that.

Cheers,
-g