Hi,

Le 7 juin 11 à 06:01, Ralph Goers a écrit :

It is my expectation that if we make reasonable requests and that if
those requests are within Oracle's power to fulfill those requests,
that we will obtain subsequent software grants.

Sam, for me this is the only area where I question whether I will vote for the proposal. From what I read in Christian Lohmaier's summary Oracle has supplied about 50% of the OOo source code. His summary ended with "Apache OOo is far from being able to deliver something that is even close to OOo as it is now." As I've said before, I don't want to see the project start off with an extremely large amount of work to do just to get something working.

There is a simple way to create a correct set of files :

- download the OOODev mercurial bundle,
- extract one milestone,
- remove the metadatas and you should obtain a full tree
- verify the tree is buildable

This tree could be used to create a new repository, based on svn or whatever. What I propose is really not that difficult, and if you need volunteers, I can help.

Note this method has some pros :

- create the exact list of files is extremely easy, and lot of tools can be used in that purpose.
- to verify what is missing is extremely easy too

At the end, create a diff between the initial list provided by Oracle and the one we created, from a buildable tree.

In later posts I see you got more files added to the list by Oracle and a list of more missing files from Simon. I would hope that the list of files to be delivered grows to the point where those far more familiar with the code than I am can verify it is at a reasonable starting point before we vote on this.

At the beginning, why didn't Apache Foundation ask Oracle to provide a full and buildable tree, and then remove what could cause problem ?

I must be stupid, but I do not understand the logical ...

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə