On 07.06.2011 12:37, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Mathias Bauer wrote:
I don't think that this is really necessary *now*, as we can do that
even better and more efficiently when we actually work on the code
from the svn repository. It was promised that the needed files will
be provided once they are known. I'm confident that this will work
out.

Hi Mathias,

hm, that bears the risk of missing stuff, and having to redo the
work - potentially rather late in the game (on top of having to
replace all non-Oracle-owned code).

Whereas getting a blanket statement from Oracle ("here we grant you
the hg repo bundle") admittedly puts some risk into Oracle's basket.

That's not possible as Oracle does not own the copyright for every file in the repository (example: dictionaries). My approach would be to start with the whole list of files in the repo, remove all things I know that are problematic, create a diff to the list provided so far and have a second look on this difference list for possible "naughty bits".

Everythings else (history etc.) can be sorted out later.

Regards,
Mathias