On 07/06/2011 Andrew Rist wrote:
> We are trying to provide all of the Oracle owned content in the OOo
> repositories.

As a longtime OpenOffice.org volunteer (mini-introduction: involved with
the OpenOffice.org project since 2003, main contributions in QA,
Localization and QA Tools, Italian Project Lead since 2005) I'm happy to
see Oracle finally answering questions on public lists.

May I ask for a last clarification on the code covered by the Oracle
grant? Some observers, like the Document Foundation [1] and Bradley Kuhn
[2], seem to imply that the grant will also turn some proprietary
software (components exclusive to "StarOffice - Oracle Open Office"
perhaps? Or "Oracle Cloud Office"?) into free software: is this the case
or, as it seems from the provided file list, all the code covered by the
grant is already available as free (LGPL3) software?

[1]
http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/01/statement-about-oracles-move-to-donate-openoffice-org-assets-to-the-apache-foundation/
[2] http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/06/01/open-office.html

Regards,