I’m -1 on on this.  The whole premise of the ASF is that it is a meritocracy
and that volunteers at various “levels” of the organization have attained their
status because they are trustworthy.  Without this premise, the ASF falls apart.

Finally, it’s not clear to me that this addresses the problem of MIA mentors.
If they were supposedly tied in some manner to the incubation and graduation of
a podling,  then they are definitely active during its incubation; I have no
problem with that because in my book, they are trustworthy.

I’ve made proposals to solve the problems listed below, the causes of which
are, imo, volunteerism and a free ride into a project and its PMC.  My proposal
was after 3 missed votes, the mentor is automatically removed with simple
no-fuss reinstatement procedures should the mentor wish to redeem themselves.
Mentors cannot stay with the podling when it graduates.

Regards,
Alan