On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
> First off: Can we *please* focus on the revised proposal and not get
> into a loop about the original email? I'll change the topic if that helps.
>
> The revised edition, as partly suggested by Sam (and echoed by Bertrand)
> was:
>
> - Binding votes on incubation, graduation and/or retirement are only
> valid when given by members of the IPMC who are independent from the
> podling in question. Mentors are free to recommend such actions, but
> cannot cast a vote themselves.

I am -1 to this revised proposal as well.

I think this proposal would even further politicize or inhibit
projects from coming to the Incubator.

I stand by the criteria that mentors should be ASF members.  If you
don't believe that the members can be trusted, then you should be
campaigning to get those individuals removed from membership.

My $.02.  -- justin