In addition, I'm a bit confused over the role you're expecting Ted to fill
on this one.  When I read
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#top-level-board-proposal it
seems like anyone can submit the resolution to the board.  The board may
discuss it, they may be quiet about it.

I would wait to see if there's any comments from board members before a
mentor or similar posts the resolution to the agenda.

It may behoove the podling to have the proposed VP email the resolution  Or
have a highly experienced mentor do it.

Thoughts?

John