Hi -

> On Mar 30, 2019, at 12:01 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
> <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> +1 Thanks for these sensible words and probably what comes closest to what
> you're looking for is the Rat exclusions file, i.e., these are the
> deviations in terms of licensing in relation to what most people expect
> from Apache projects and why things are fine despite that:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/nbbuild/rat-exclusions.txt

I was just writing about that:

Well - it is certainly possible to investigate history of the rat exclude file
(or any other).

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/commits/master/nbbuild/rat-exclusions.txt

From there one can follow on to JIRA issues, etc. Choices were made. There is a
lot to unpack and none of it looks thoughtless.

So, if one is going to take the excursion then you have to go all the way!

BTW - All four of your mentors: Ate Douma (ate), Bertrand Delacretaz
(bdelacretaz), Daniel Gruno (humbedooh), Mark Struberg (struberg) are
experienced and well respected.

Regards,
Dave