On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 4:48 AM Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > IMO, stop being pessimistic. Move forward with change to stop the gating,
> > > and let podlings do their releases without all the IPMC burden.
> >
> > We want to be at “D” or “E” , we’re currently at “A”  and there's a few
> > steps that need to be taken. I don’t believe the IPMC can just say “make it
> > so” and move from “A" to “E”. We also need consensus which I don’t believe
> > we have yet, so we might end up at “F” or “G”. Also if we make this
> > position “offical”, it will stop the same issue from reoccurring in the
> > future. It has occurred every few years since the incubator has existed as
> > far as I can tell. Well that’s the way I see it anyway, you and others may
> > see it differently.
> >

> I have zero confidence that you will move the pin here. You have shown zero
> willingness. I'd like to see a new VP Incubator.

And I would HATE to see a new VP Incubator (and I think a lot of podlings would
agree with that). As a former VP Incubator I just wanted to acknowledge that
Justin has probably done more than any other VP around here. He's pedantic
at times and not of the "move fast and break things" mentality (like Greg) but
he's the reason I'm still willing to be on the IPMC (I don't have any
active podling
to mentor).

Greg, you've been very helpful on this thread -- but this email ain't so.

Thanks,
Roman.