> taking creative common license code and making modifications to it

I visited the indicated page [1] and there is no code there.  The code appears
to have represented connecting letters to match the image on that page.

The license on the image itself [2] indicates that it is public domain.

I see no issue.

[1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank
[2] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank#/media/File:PageRanks-Example.svg